Welcome to The Big Gig Quiz!
Answer the questions below to give yourself insight into your own Big Gig. The Big Gig doesn’t just benefit musicians. Everyone can use the stories and lessons in The Big Gig to achieve their dreams, even if they are more familiar with a computer keyboard than a piano keyboard.
If you are taking The Big Gig Quiz and you are not a musician, just substitute your profession or goal whenever a question is specific to music.
- Do you consider yourself musically gifted?
- Do you have an overall vision for your career?
- Have you set short-range goals for your career?
- Have you set long-range goals for your career?
- Have you defined the objective of your musical career?
- Do you have someone to keep you accountable for your goals?
- Do you believe it’s possible for your dreams to come true against all odds?
- Do you study your instrument regularly via method books, the Internet, or instructional DVDs?
- Are you taking private lessons with a master to develop your talent and improve on your instrument?
- Do you regularly read music industry magazines or publications that pertain to your instrument?
- Do you regularly read books about the music business or musicians?
- Do you regularly read motivational books that inspire you to pursue your dreams?
- Do you have a mentor within the music industry?
- Do you practice your instrument for long periods of time on a daily basis?
- Are you constantly immersed in listening to and analyzing music?
- Do you know all standard songs for the genre of music you wish to succeed at playing?
- Are you studying all the greats who defined the genre of music you wish you master?
- Is the majority of your extra money invested in the pursuit of your musical dreams, such as studying your instrument, purchasing musical equipment, music CDs and downloads, and books?
- Are you extremely proficient on your instrument?
- Can you adapt quickly when musical changes are made in an arrangement?
- Are you an excellent sight-reader?
- Are you an extremely versatile musician?
- Do you come prepared for each gig or opportunity?
- Do you know how to contribute to the musical success of others, and do you enjoy doing so?
- Do you believe your musical skills are highly marketable?
- Do you have a strong work ethic?
- Would you say you are a flexible person?
- Do you consider yourself an optimistic person?
- Are you a reliable person on whom others can always depend?
- Are you punctual?
- Are you a humble person?
- Do you have a good attitude?
- Do you take criticism well?
- Can you work effectively with differing or abrasive personalities?
- Do you take instruction well?
- Do you deal well with competition?
- Do you handle rejection well?
- Do you do well with unpredictable schedules?
- Do you mind having someone else dictate how you spend your time?
- Are you living free from drug and alcohol overuse or addiction?
- Do you consider yourself a determined, focused, and ambitious person?
- Do you have excellent-sounding equipment?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- Are you willing to live in or near one of the major music market cities of Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Atlanta, Chicago, or Miami to increase your chances of landing the big gig?
- Are you are a good money manager?
- Do you know how to market and promote yourself at each subsequent stage of your career?
- Are you routinely building a network of contacts within the music industry?
- Do you know how to capitalize on current situations to advance your career?
- Are you willing to learn how to be your own manager to ensure your success as a musician?
- Are you willing to do everything necessary to make it in the music business?
If you answered “no” to any of the above questions, The Big Gig can help you become better prepared to advance your goals and live a better life. Take the next step now to prepare for YOUR Big Gig.
“Our goals can only be reached through the vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.”
Your personalized, autographed copy is only available here!
Perfect for gift-giving and as a cool souvenir
Schedule a one-to-one Skype session with Zoro now and start applying the book’s principles to your individual journey toward the fulfillment of your dreams.
"Regardless of your chosen profession, the business principles revealed in The Big Gig will empower you with the necessary vision to begin the journey and equip you with the tools needed to complete the task of climbing to the top. A masterpiece of motivation for everyone!"
President Rolex (France)